Drum Lessons Sydney
Always a remarkable experience, whether you haven't bought your first drum kit yet or are looking to refine your skills.
From kids to adults, all levels and ages welcome.
Our step-by-step methodology guarantees all beginners learn how to play, and transforms the way intermediate drummers approach their traditional study methods.
Private drum lessons cover:
Fundamentals, rudiments and stick control exercises
♩ Grooves and fills
Play any songs you want
♩ Become a solid drummer
Supervised timekeeping practice
♩ Dynamics, groove and swing
Adapt to any musical genre
♩ Music notation reading
Learn drum music theory the easy way
♩ Use of less conventional accessories
Double kick, tambourine, cowbell and jam block
♩ All limbs advanced coordination and speed
Hand and foot techniques, limb independence and ambidextrous development
Learn how to play Pop, Rock, Funk, Disco, Indie, Hip Hop, Blues, Soul, Reggae, Metal, Jazz, Latin and Fusion creatively, from a friendly, patient and passionate teacher who will always take into consideration your learning style.
Achieve your full potential based on customised practice, playing songs of your choice.
Sound-treated music studio equipped with two quality drum kits, air conditioning, PA and Wi-Fi.
Behind the Drums
"A good teacher tells you what you want to know. A great teacher facilitates what you want and what you need to know, encouraging you to try new things, focusing on
your present and future potential.
My belief in my students leads me to challenge them, and when I treat them as what they are capable of becoming, I help them become that."
Claudio Reis, founder and main teacher
Claudio started learning drums at 13 and by 19 he was already a drum tutor for a renowned music school. Claudio has been in the music scene for almost 3 decades performing with corporate bands and
live shows in all major music styles.
Whether performing on stage or teaching, his passion for music and drumming is the driving force behind his success as a teacher and professional musician.
Over 20 Years of Teaching and Performing Experience
Claudio started giving drum lessons 22 years ago, haven't stopped since, and plan to continue for many more years. Teaching drums is not something he does "on the side."
Claudio has taught students aged 3 to 70, all styles and all levels, always balancing technical and practical work.
Almost 30 Years of Performing Experience
• Co-founder and drummer for the corporate band Partysonic.
• Drummer for the 5-star wedding band Tentrix.
• Drummer for the Brazilian Latin Company show.
• Claudio has also performed in an array of local and international live acts, such as:
- Nevaneva, Non Stop Party Band, Twilight, Skyscraper, Mr. Bug, Duo Trio, Hypersonic, Brazilian Latin Groove, and Samba Brazil Show, covering the major music styles;
- tribute bands Dream Theater, Metallica, Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Alanis Morrisette and Elvisback;
- and cover bands with huge set lists including Muse, Maroon 5, Blink182, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Journey, RHCP, Van Halen, INXS, Green Day, KC, EWF, Jamiroquai, Beatles, Coldplay, CCR, Queen, Santana, MJ and so on.
• At the age of 20 he was unanimously voted the best drummer in a 2-day music festival.
• Four years later, his former pop band New Jersey was elected the best band in the English Culture Festival of Brazil.
• Claudio was the drummer chosen to help compose and to record the CD T.V.lization for the band Skyscraper, mastering the complexity and challenging speed of their songs.
Methods he studied
- Fundamentals, stick control, rudiments, techniques, dynamics, grooves and fills from private drum lessons.
- Carmine Appice drum method.
Carmine Appice literally wrote the book on rock drumming, and influenced young John Bonham.
- Joe Morello and Gary Chaffee methods.
- Duda Neves method for Brazilian rhythms.
- Double Bass Drum techniques from the best international drummer in NY 2003.
- Attended master classes of Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater, Winery Dogs), Will Calhoun (Living Colour), Sonny Emory (EWF), Marco Minnemann, Tony Royster Jnr, Virgil Donati, Vera Figueiredo, Charles Gavin (Titas), Ivan Busic (Dr Sin) and Duda Neves.
Work With Children Check: WWC1051522E.
Sutherland Shire Drum Studio
Private acoustically treated music studio in Caringbah NSW equipped with two quality drum kits, PA, air-conditioning and Wi-Fi.
Silent acoustic drum kit
✓ It sounds like a normal drum kit, but 80% less loud, eliminating the annoying need of hearing protection during lessons or training.
✓ The chances of hearing damage are now reduced to zero thanks to the new Remo silenceheads and new Zildjian L80 perfurated cymbals.
Pegada Drum Method
With the desire to share his extended knowledge acquired in almost 30 years of drumming, Claudio put together a 150 page skills development system taking into consideration the feedback of his own students, tutors and colleagues, combined with evidence based teaching strategies.
Pegada is a 4-part step-by-step drum method that guarantees all beginners learn how to play, and transforms the way intermediate drummers approach their traditional study methods to rebuild their skills from the ground up.
"If Pegada Drum Method was available in music shops when I wanted to find books to use during lesson, it would have been by far my favourite option."
“Teachers using particular teaching methods are more likely to have the above-average effects on student achievement.” John Hattie
Books and videos are great research sources, although a teacher can:
✓ follow a program according to your individual pace;
✓ give you frequent, imediate and detailed feedback;
✓ answer your questions;
✓ and, most importantly, correct your technique.
Contact & Rates
- New students only.
- Only 1 gift card is allowed per student.
- All Gift Cards have 3 or 6 months expire date.
- Gift Cards are not physical cards. An image of a personalised Gift Card will be sent to the buyer via email.
- Lessons will be booked based on tutor's and studio's availability.
- Gift Cards can only be exchanged for lessons, they are not exchangeable for money or anything else.
- Refunds are not accepted after the card's expire date.
- If the Gift Card value was based on the price of lessons at the tutor's music studio, but the student requires the lessons to be in another site, an extra amount will be charged to cover the tutor's travel costs.
- Gift Cards do not include a copy of the book or drumsticks. Those can be added to the gift card upon buyer's request and payment.
- 30 min trial: $35
- 60 min trial: $55
- Or come for a chat
- Drum kit with cymbals provided
- Sound-treated drum studio
- Wi-Fi and air conditioning
30 min: $15 or 60 min: $20
Non-students: 60 min: $40 (sticks $10)
* Full or partial refund guaranteed if you are not satisfied, provided you tell us immediately at the end of your lesson.
"Rebuilding my skills from the ground up..." Travis Joyce
"Helped me build confidence..." Geison Costa
"Claudio is showing rigour and patience..." Guillaume Deront
"So stoked I found this guy..." Gareth Hemara
"Fun mixed to serious and methodical..." Alex Garnier
"Having a ball learning to play..." Sharon Ghosn
"I chose Claudio as my tutor after..." Dennis Szarzynski
"I will never forget the way you play..." Tomoaki Sato
"It has been 4 years and counting..." Nathan E.
"Claudio is teaching me to love drums..." Kathryn
"The right fundamental exercises and..." Antony
"I can tell how organised his method is..." Allan
"Realised he was the best teacher for me..." Clare
Become a member of our drumming family today.
Get in touch and let's organise your first private lesson now!
Book 2x week lessons for a whole month and get 10% OFF.
Students that cancel one or more lessons, for any reason, cannot have the discount applied the following month.
We are dedicated to total customer satisfaction.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your progress, or with the conduct of your tutoring sessions, please report your concern to us. We will then work to resolve any problems which may exist in the provision of tutoring services.
100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied, provided you tell us immediately at the end of the lesson.
For more information please email us at email@example.com.
Drum Lessons Sydney will never share your confidential information with any other party without your permission.
The nature of the personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of the collection and the type of service you request from us. For example when you book a class or class package, we may need to collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, telephone number and email address.
We may use your personal information, unless you advise us otherwise, to send you notification of updates of our web site, advise you of special offers or events that we think may be of interest to you, and to communicate about lesson time and payments. If you do not wish your information to be used for any of these purposes, please contact us via our email form.
We may collect personal information from you when you contact us by email, telephone, via correspondence by letter or during personal contact.
Drum Lessons Sydney undertakes to protect your personal information by taking all reasonable steps to ensure this information is held in a secure facility. Access to personal information is limited to the business proprietor only. We are strongly committed to safeguarding your personal information and treat it at all times as confidential.
For your convenience and information our website and email newsletters may contain links to other websites. Drum Lessons Sydney is not responsible for the privacy practices of the proprietors of these sites and we recommend that you read the privacy policies of each website you visit before disclosing any personal information.
If you would like to correct information that we hold about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, or if you wish to change your privacy preferences at any time, please contact us via our email form with your request.