Drum Lessons Sydney
Private adult and child drum lessons cover:
✓ Solid base for present and future development: fundamentals, rudiments and stick control
✓ Play any songs you want: grooves and fills
✓ Be a solid drummer: timekeeping
✓ Play with swing: dynamics
✓ Read and write music: score reading
✓ Play more than conventional sounds: double kick, tambourine, cowbell and jam block
✓ All limbs coordination and speed: hand and foot techniques, limb independence and ambidextrous development
Learn how to be creative playing Rock, Funk, Jazz, Soul, Reggae, Blues, Metal, Indie, Disco, Pop, Hip Hop, Latin and Fusion from a friendly teacher who will always take into consideration your learning style.
Achieve your full potential based on customised practice, playing songs of your choice.
From kids to adults, all levels and ages welcome.
Professional sound-treated music studio equipped with two quality drum kits, air conditioning, PA and Wi-Fi.Book Your Trial Special Deals
Behind the Drums
"A good teacher tells you what you want to know. A great teacher facilitates what you want and what you need to know, encouraging you to try new things, focusing on your present and future potential."Tell Me About Your Drumming
Claudio Reis, founder and main teacher
Claudio started learning drums at 13. By 19 he was already a drum tutor for a renowned music school.
Whether performing on stage or teaching, his passion for music and drumming is the driving force behind his success as a teacher and professional musician.
2 Decades of Teaching and Performing Experience
Claudio started giving drum lessons 22 years ago, haven't stopped since, and plan to continue for many more years. Teaching drums is not something he does "on the side."
Claudio has taught students aged 3 to 70, all styles and all levels, always balancing technical and practical work.
20+ Years of Performing Experience
• Co-founder and drummer for the corporate band Partysonic.
• Drummer for the 5-star wedding band Tentrix.
• Claudio has also performed in an array of local and international live acts, such as:
- Nevaneva, Non Stop Party Band, Twilight, Skyscraper, Mr. Bug, Duo Trio, Hypersonic, Brazilian Latin Groove, and Samba Brazil Show, covering the major music styles;
- tribute bands Dream Theater, Metallica, Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Alanis Morrisette and Elvisback;
- and cover bands with huge set lists including Muse, Maroon 5, Blink182, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Journey, RHCP, Van Halen, INXS, Green Day, KC, EWF, Jamiroquai, Beatles, Coldplay, CCR, Queen, Santana, MJ and so on.
• At the age of 20 he was unanimously voted the best drummer in a 2-day music festival.
• Four years later, his former pop band New Jersey was elected the best band in the English Culture Festival of Brazil.
• Claudio was the drummer chosen to help compose and to record the CD T.V.lization for the band Skyscraper, mastering the complexity and challenging speed of their songs.
Methods he studied
Fundamentals, stick control, rudiments, techniques, beats and fills from private drum lessons.
Carmine Appice, Joe Morello and Gary Chaffee methods.
Duda Neves method for Brazilian rhythms.
Double Bass Drum techniques from the best international drummer in NY 2003.
Attended master classes of Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater, Winery Dogs), Will Calhoun (Living Colour), Sonny Emory (EWF), Marco Minnemann, Tony Royster Jnr, Virgil Donati, Vera Figueiredo, Charles Gavin (Titas), Ivan Busic (Dr Sin) and Duda Neves.
Sutherland Shire Drum Studio
Private acoustically treated music studio in Caringbah NSW equipped with two quality drum kits, PA, air-conditioning and Wi-Fi.
Pegada Drum Method
With the desire to share my extended knowledge acquired in more than 20 years of drumming, I put together a 130 page skills development system taking into consideration the feedback of my own students, tutors and colleagues.
Pegada is a 4-part step-by-step drum method that guarantees all beginners learn how to play, and transforms the way intermediate drummers approach their traditional study methods.
Books and videos are great research sources, although a teacher can:
✓ answer your questions
✓ give you feedback
✓ follow a program according to your individual pace
✓ and, most importantly, correct your technique
Contact & Rates
Come meet the tutor, try the methodology, experience a professional drum studio, and find out if this is what you are looking for.
30 min: $15
60 min: $20
60 min: $40 (drumsticks +$10)
* $5 surcharge apply to lessons earlier than 9am; and $15 to lessons between Fri 5pm and Sun 11pm.
* Full or partial refund guaranteed if you are not satisfied, provided you tell us immediately at the end of your lesson.
"Helped me build confidence..." Geison Costa
"Claudio is showing rigour and patience..." Guillaume Deront
"So stoked I found this guy..." Gareth Hemara
"Fun mixed to serious and methodical..." Alex Garnier
"Having a ball learning to play..." Sharon Ghosn
"I chose Claudio as my tutor after..." Dennis Szarzynski
"I will never forget the way you play..." Tomoaki Sato
"It has been 4 years and counting..." Nathan E.
"Claudio is teaching me to love drums..." Kathryn
"The right fundamental exercises and..." Antony
"I can tell how organised his method is..." Allan
"Realised he was the best teacher for me..." Clare
30 min trial: $35
60 min trial: $55
Come meet the tutor, try the methodology, experience a professional drum studio, and see for yourself if this is what you are looking for.
- one FREE lesson at my studio, OR
- $25 discount on a drum set I'm selling, OR
- one new pair of maple drumsticks
Students that cancel one or more lessons, for any reason, cannot have the discount applied the following month.
* Different deals may not be combined.